Optimal Dynamic Trim - ODT
TRIM OPTIMIZATION by accuracy
Many Officers and Managers wish they had an easy to understand DISPLAY which shows what the optimal trim to run their vessel on at the very moment. The ODT software module introduced as add-on to the SAJ-DMS dynamic monitoring system, makes trim optimization easy as it is based on accurate measurements and made against actual hydrodynamic condition.
- Any present SAJ-DMS installation can easily be updated with ODT.
- As a vessel operation and decisions are made in real time, the ODT becomes the “hands-on guidance tool” which works in real time easy to understand and use.
- The ODT utilizes the core technique of the SAJ-DMS system, ship data, CDF, navigational and machinery data. It continuously displays optimal trim to target and the actual run on. It makes it easy to adjust any offset by moving ballast.
- The ODT uses three modes of Dynamic optimizations; PORT (static), SHALLOW (squat) and DEEP (dynamic) which ensures a higher savings potential. The modes are automatically switching depending on status of operation. The indications are made easily understandable in (%) power difference from optimal and speed loss due to shallow water respectively.
- The dynamic condition is measured to an accuracy of +/- 1 cm which always conforming with vessel actual scales. It allows trim optimization to be made in real time against hydrodynamic condition.
- Operating a vessel on Optimal Trim ranks highest in SEEMP guidance (MEPC.213(63)), category “Optimized Ship Handling”.
- Industry has identified and confirmed ~ 1-8% fuel saving can be obtained from predicted theoretical trim optimization. That means the ODT trim optimization based on accuracy makes the most of the saving potential.
- The SAJ-DMS belongs to equipment which assist to lower the environmental footprint and reducing emissions
- Trim optimization is a fundamental part of a vessels voluntary Energy Efficiency Operational Indicator EEOI. Why the SAJ-DMS and ODT represents an essential equipment required and to include in vessel specification.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on ODT and comparison facts disclosing how crucial accuracy is to manage trim optimization.