Ships’ design are tested out for certain trim, displacement and power outtake in laboratory or computer simulations for best dynamic running condition consequently the ships should be equipped with an instrumentation capable to also measure the actual onset on hull and structure once in operation!
A dynamic system is needed as it supports the ship operation daily to get correct information and the awareness about how the ship responses, especially in shallow water the changes are to be controlled and once out at deep sea to run optimal to save bunker.
To measure a ship’s dynamic behavior and displacement situation continuously at sea requires a proven standard designed for its purpose.
- Dynamic on-line measurement supports to lower fuel consumption and emission.
- The system assists to detect early onset of squat as dynamic trim is the identifying parameter, use of limit setting means early notice. The earlier a trim change is detected and power outtake adjusted the greater the saving.
- Central display on bridge shows continuously presentation of trim, heel, hull bending/torsion and draft values, values presented by figures and graphical trends and synchronous updated.
- The draft measurement installation uses only one through-hull gauge which means less installation cost, ease of calibration and maintenance.
- Ship’s draft presented in nine positions in perpendiculars, C/L and draft scales fully corrected for density of sea water, trim heel and hull bending/torsion.
- Hydrostatics displayed on-line allows correct verification of load onboard during cargo handling and prior sailing, reports for output.
- The SAJ system improves the trust in load calculation as calculated can easily be verified against the real measured status. Detected errors due to false weights can be corrected so a recalculation can be made after moving the error weights longitudinally or transverse in the load calculator so it corresponds with the actual SAJ floating condition.
- For ease of support, remote service the system can use present satellite links to safely administrate system which means less maintenance costs.
- Useful software modules benefit further daily operation, such as:
– Optimal speed to detect “Hump and Hollow” interferences
– Mean Bending Moment on-line information about compressive and tensile stress by limits defined
– GM inclining test by use of a defined weight (load ramp, hatch or anti-heeling tanks) by pressing a button start and stop when using the systems accurate inclination.